- a fast flashing power-on LED
- router completely unresponsive
I had what's called a brick. Oops!
With the help of the original Linksys firmware, a TFTP tool, a DD-WRT firmware, Tomato 1.28 and my neighbours wide open WiFi I'm now back from the brink. Currently running Tomato 1.28 after I discovered that Tomato RAF v1.28.8515 _RAF ND Std didn't apply the ad-blocking script properly.
- don't fool around with different firmwares too much
- de-bricking a WRT54GL isn't very difficult
- de-bricking beats buying a new router!
I think I'm gonna build a JTAG cable, for even bigger problematic situations, just to be sure.